The two houses sit on a cliff overlooking Punta Quepos, the Pacific Ocean and Manuel Antonio National Park. They were designed by an award-winning architect to provide stunning views from every window and terrace.
One can often see toucans, monkeys and two-toed sloths from the various terraces in both houses.
You can have your morning coffee on the terrace as you take in the spectacular view of the Quepos fishermen heading
out to sea and or check out the local butterflies and birds.
It's a short fifteen minute walk downhill to Espadilla Beach below the houses and an additional twenty minute walk along the beach to the entrance of the National Park.
The houses will be completely set up for your arrival, save food and drink.
- Each house has wireless access and a telephone for local calls.
- Each house has one bathroom with a shower and an outside shower as well. There is hot water throughout each house, including the outside showers.
- Beds are ready and made. Sheets and towels will be changed around every 5 days. If you stay for a week, it will be done around mid-week. Beach towels are provided as well.
- Each house has a kitchen fully equipped with a stove, refrigerator, toaster oven, blender, coffee pot, toaster, microwave, dishes, pots, pans, glasses, etc. Casa Mirador also has a traditional oven.
- Novel exchange along with access to guide and local wildlife books. Local Guidebook written by owners in each house.
- Laminated wildlife identification cards.
The same architect built both houses in a European style. They are simple and elegant in their construction and furnishings. There is no T.V. or air-conditioning (although it is not generally necessary due to a nice sea breeze and ceiling fans). The houses are simply a place to relax and get away for awhile; read a good book, listen to some music, watch the sunrise and sunset, count lizards, paint, draw, breathe...
Bismark and his family are our caretakers and their house is on the same plot of land as Mirador and Voladora. Close enough if you need anything, far enough away to ensure your privacy.